Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pride, the morning after

Well done Stockholm! I have seen more than my share of Pride Festivities in my almost 44 years, but Stockholm is now up in the top 3. I have never before seen so many people come out to watch a parade. The entire city was there, and I spent my day standing next to Louise, a woman I'd say in here late 60's who was as into the parade as a 20 year old. She is not gay, but is just as proud of the fact that being gay in her country and being able to be out, and married is such a non-issue. She wouldn't let me take her picture though LOL! There were so many people in attendance from all over Northern Europe too, it was amazing.

There were many moving things: for instance, those who marched to represent those without rights.
One of the most moving for me were the members of the Social Democratic Party all carried Norwegian Flags as a remembrance of those who were recently murdered there.

And as usual there were all sorts of interesting and fun things to see, from scary drag queens, to the new rugby club (The Berskerkers) who my husband plays with. 


If you look on the link to the right, there are many more pics of Pride. Thank you Stockholm for an amazing party!

No comments:

Post a Comment