Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things that pique my interest

So this is a random post, coming out of nowhere but this morning I was uploading photos to the interwebs from yesterday's Berserkers rugby match so I was surfing around the net and looking at pictures. Of men. Not even naked men mind you, just pictures of guys I know even some I don't. Many of them are contacts of mine on a photograph sharing site where we share tips on shooting pics, and life in general.

Lately I am noticing more and more than people are taking self-portraits. Now that is all fine and dandy but many people are using point and shoot cameras and smartphones and often use mirrors to capture their reflection. I know that the individual taking the picture is supposed to be the main subject, but somehow my eye tends to wander and I end up looking at the extraneous things the lens captures. Often this is piles of dirty laundry (or clean and just piled up for all I know), unmade beds, piles of things in rooms that sometimes look as if the inhabitants should be featured on the next A&E episode of "Hoarders."

I know, I know, that is not what we should be looking at, but people should be aware that when taking a photo of themselves in the mirror they more often than not show us more than they intended and should be more conscious of it. Just some thoughts from me on this chilly fall morning in Stockholm, but I leave you all with one question. Is it just me or am I the only person fascinated by the fact that a single man in his 40's appears to have a brass stripper pole in his bedroom? Kind of hard to overlook.

2 comments: